It’s gonna be a boring Monday. You may hear a song that you like on radio (or on TV). You will get an unexpected spam mail. Due to Sun’s specific angle with the Earth Geminis living in northern hemisphere will drink more water than usual. Someone you like will not notice you again. Geminis will get attracted to someone they see in a magazine but will forget it 3 minutes later.
Female Geminis should be careful while eating ice cream in public places. They can get into awkward eye contact with strangers.
Male Geminis will be thinking of masturbating
1) Duck Faces: Why some females pose with duck faces? Is it considered to be funny, cute or attractive? Is it some kind of rebellious secret message that my male brain cannot understand?
2) Hello Kitty: If you are over 30 and still purchase “Hello Kitty” merchandise, please tell me why you do that
3) Attraction to Serial Killers: Why serials killers are considered very attractive by some opposite sex? They are clearly disturbed persons killing people (serially) I am a nice person with a paying job. Why nobody writes me love letters containing marriage proposals (This was very pathetic I admit)
4) Sun Glasses: Why they are cool? You definitely hide something behind these glasses? Is it the mystery that is appealing?
5) My (unfortunately male) neighbor at the very moment: It’s almost 11PM why you are vacuuming with your underwear?
6) I will survive – Gloria Gaynor: Why this song is played consistently at wedding parties. If I read the lyrics correctly that should be one of the last songs that is played in a party when two people have sworn to be faithful to each other until death
7) Justin Bieber: As far as I read from internet he has made around 100 million USD last year. (From concerts + sponsorship etc…) That is 2,100 (two thousand one hundred) times more than an average American. To put in another words an average American needs to work for 2.100 years to make what he had earned in one year. Is he that good? I mean that good… 2.100 times better
8 ) I am with stupid t-shirts: The people who wear these shirts. Do you think this makes you look smart? What is the message that you want to communicate. Do you really think we care about the IQ of the people standing next to you. Is there any body wondered once in her/his life “Is the guy/girl next to him is smart or stupid” Is this supposed to be an informative t-shirt?
This is not a complete list for sure…
I think very few people has been surprised that nothing “catastrophic” happened yesterday. The whole “Bible Guarantees it” stuff has been taken very lightly although some “naive” people decided to spend all their life savings before the world ends…
The whole rapture thing has generated a lot of jokes and quotes and there was one I especially liked on twitter
On the other hand this led me thinking how many rapture-like PR scams that we are exposed everyday… It does not necessarily come from TVs or newspapers. All kinds of so called “facts” with questionable evidence that we are hearing from all levels of authority figures of all sizes. Be it from a parent or a government spokesperson.
Too many to count in my book.
- Keep working hard and pay your taxes so that you can be wealthy and respectable
- I will be faithful to my partner till the end of my life
- One apple a day keeps the doctor away
- Dress for success
- Positive thinking will help you overcome any obstacle you may have
- WMDs in Iraq
I wonder what the rapture enthusiasts are thinking at the moment. I guess in couple of weeks they will not feel more betrayed or deceived than many of us. Life goes on and there are many rapture-like opportunities waiting for them
Thinking that there is still a Flat Earth Society (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Earth_Society) I wonder why we call ourselves “intelligent” life forms
My thoughts on God and religion can be considered controversial. On the other hand I have no problems with people believing in God or afterlife (or anything that comes together with religion)
I have lost a loved one and I know how much a person crave for a religion when people you love leaves you.
I do not actively discuss and make a propaganda about my beliefs (or disbeliefs) but sometimes I wonder:
“If I do not believe in afterlife what the hell I am doing right now”
I am openly a corporate slave and spend majority of my time doing a work that I do not particularly like. It is actually a demanding job and consumes almost my whole energy. I am left with a small vitality at the end of a work day to enjoy my private time.
So if this is the only time that I can actually “live” and there is no eternal life after that, what is preventing me to do the things that I like???
There is no simple answer to that.
There is the issue of Maslow’s hierarchy which dictates a need for food and shelter. I obviously need money to provide that (Sad that I am not a trust fund baby)
I am not particularly talented in any form of art or sports and my educational background (economics) enables me to have only ethically questionable and boring jobs. To make things even worse I am not a nature-friendly person. If you leave me in the middle of a forest, I will most probably die in a week (If I do not commit a suicide earlier)
Finally I am a big fan of blondes which requires plastic card or cash just to be able to be a candidate for mating.
Actually I could have taken a whole different road when I grow up but I was not an atheist at that time and I had the illusion of “everything is going to be all right”
It will be such a shame if God exists and I will burn in hell till eternity. I will end up losing in both worlds.
But whenever I have these thoughts I tell to myself “John don’t worry… Everything is going to be alright”
Is it really the world that I am talking to???
Well I hope not… For some reasons
1) Mom… Don’t read this. With carefully selected lies and deceptions I have tried to create a world for you free of worries for your kid. Don’t ruin it by reading that blog. It’s not gonna help in anything
2) Future employers… I am a hard working person, ready to sell my soul in exchange for modest sum of money. Do not get carried away with the “blah blah” content of that blog
3) Most of the posts that I will be writing is going to offend some people/ideas (or both). I know there are “some” people in the world which cannot really tolerate and digest different opinions. They will go and comment like “I hope you and your family dies” (True story). Like a lot of people, I don’t need you.
4) Some people are (for all the right reasons) very sensitive about grammar and spelling. Besides the fact that English is not my native language, I am not really extraordinary in expressing myself. These people will exercise a huge amount of mental pressure over me that will result with a lack of proper posting. Which contradicts with the existence of a personal blog site.
So… Dear World, if you are reading this, be nice to me…
If you are not reading this… Read it for God sakes!!!